From Girlfriend to Fiancée
After Alex proposed, a flood of new thoughts and feelings were introduced into my life. I was so happy that I had finally found the man that I would spend forever with. I felt so blessed that everything was falling into place and that we had done things according to our values and upbringing. We didn’t live together before the engagement, or the wedding, so I think the feelings that came with the engagement were all the more magnified. Before jumping into all the planning, I tried my best to truly embrace these feelings and enjoy the little things. Everyone could clearly see the happiness, the excited-ness, and all those other -ness’s you see in a newly engaged couple! Some of these thoughts may seem silly but they were all new and I luxuriated in every one. If you’re currently engaged, I think you will definitely relate!
You can read about our engagement here!
- You will looooove calling him “My Fiancé”
- You will share your engagement story every chance you get and hope the way you share it reflects the beauty and magic of that moment
- You want to share the news with everyone you know (and don’t know)
- Receiving the bride and engagement ring emoji in text messages. YAY!
- Bridal magazines galore
- You will kiss your new fiance so much your friends may even make a drinking game of it.
- Ring gazing = #1 distraction. Manicures jumped a few spots up on the priority list because everyone wants to see the ring!
- Your heart will smile with all the love and excitement your friends and family will shower you with.
- Every day is a celebration because you’re counting down the days until you say “I do”!
- You already can’t wait for the wedding #bringit!
Being engaged is a really special time that passes so quickly. Enjoying this time is so important; it’s the first of the many phases the both of you will experience in life. Take it all in! How did you feel when you got engaged? Share your thoughts in the comment section below 😀