This Thanksgiving, I was a little bit ambitious in trying a cupcake recipe that I had never tried before. Lucky for me, they were a hit and they will be for you, too! The Holiday Season is a busy time for everyone. There’s cooking and cleaning and shopping so whenever there’s a chance to take a quick shortcut, trust me and I take it! Alex and I try our very best to see all of our family on these special and festive days. With that being said, I also cook up something yummy to bring to every family we visit. This Thanksgiving, we visited Alex’s side of the family early in the morning so I thought that pumpkin cupcakes would be a nice treat that would hold everyone over until dinner was served. Being pressed on time during the days leading up to Thanksgiving, I used a shortcut for the pumpkin cupcakes that minimized the risk of showing up sans treats for the family. This recipe is easy as (pumpkin) pie, but I will have to share that recipe with you next time!
Start by mixing the ingredients. I absolutely love my KitchenAid stand mixer, but mixing the ingredients by hand works too!
How smooth and gorgeous is the batter?!
After baking, set the cupcakes to cool on a cooling rack. This batter yields a gorgeous, fluffy texture on the cupcake tops!
Spread the frosting with a knife or spatula.
Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes
For the cake:
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix (plus all the ingredients listed on back except the water)
½ tsp. allspice
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
15 oz. pumpkin puree (1 can)
For the frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start the batter by following the directions on the cake mix box but instead of adding water, add the pumpkin puree instead.
- Add allspice, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Line a muffin tin with cute Thanksgiving inspired cupcake liners.
- Carefully pour the batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and set on a cooling rack, allowing them to cool completely.
- Combine ingredients for frosting in a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Using a spatula, spread the frosting on the cupcakes and enjoy!